Best Clowns For a Carpet Amenone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AquaReefer

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hello everyone I have a Huge Carpet Anemone about 10 inches wide and about 6 inches high. I have a Fire clown and a Percula. Neither use it. The percula hosts in a shell and xenia right next to the carpet, and the fire uses a bta on the other side of the tank. I have found a home for the fire clown and I am moving the perc into my girls 30g in the other room. I was wondering what the best clowns would be for the carpet??

Even if you get the type that will host with the carpet ,there is no guantee that it will. It is always a crapshoot to see if they will.

Pink skunk clownfish are suposedly the biggest users of anemomes. I think they will be your best bet.

Clarkii clowns will host a carpet. Unfortunately, you have two clowns in your tank already and it would not be a good idea to add a third.

I would get rid of the carpet and get another BTA. Those carpets are eating machines.... My friend has one and it ate alot of his fish, crabs .. His hippo, naso and other smaller fish all became dinner for the carpet.. JMO..

I agree with Seaham. Carpets are very aggressive anemones and guilty of many fish deaths. Adding another clown to your tank could spell disaster.

I thought I mentioned I was taking the other 2 clowns out of the tank. I have lost some livestock to the carpet but I dont care. I love it. Its so beasty. I know there is no guarantee on the new clowns using it. I was just wondering what clowns tend to use them.

Back
Top Bottom