best lighting for salt water aquariums

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have the 24 inch nova extreme and i like the light so far. It comes with four plugs so you can use a timer strip. the 48 inch isnt on sale and pretty pricey. I would shop around a bit, that light is bright enough for anything you would want to keep.

48" - 432 watts is what im assuming your looking at.

yes i m lucking at that one is it good

I have the 24 inch nova extreme and i like the light so far. It comes with four plugs so you can use a timer strip. the 48 inch isnt on sale and pretty pricey. I would shop around a bit, that light is bright enough for anything you would want to keep.

48" - 432 watts is what im assuming your looking at.

if i buy that hood with the bulbs where can i find the bulbs when myne run out?

f&s= drsfosterandsmith.com
yes
they might be normal or they might be specific, im unsure just cuz ive never owned one of these fixtures before.

They both are great your getting to more Bulbs with the other that's why it's more, The 6 bulb fixture I believe should be a better fit for Coral growth. But i could be wrong.

Both. Just pick one and go with it. Higher wattage is better IMO, but rule of Thumb in most cases 4-6 watts per gallon. So whatever how many gallon your tank is, times that by 4 or 6 and choose from there.

Back
Top Bottom