best live rock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Everybody here swears by Liverocks.com. I plan on buying 150 lbs. of rock, soon. Half from liverocks and half from hirocks.com.

I got most of my LR from liverocks.com - 40lbs of Keys rock. the rest was a few pounds here and there bought at the LFS..for about $1.50 more than the shipped price of the higher quality LR.com rock

You just can't get the quality at the low price as liverocks.com anywhere! Plus, their customer service is amazing. You can email them and tell them your tank size, exactly what you're looking for and they'll recommend rock for you and send you a quote.

I got 60lbs keys, 40lbs live base rock and it was CRAWLING with life. Can't get that purple coraline at any lfs that I have seen.

- Skins

You live in Florida so shipping would be next day. Right now they even have a shipping special for FL. residents.
From what everyone here says, LiveRocks is the best place....wish I got mine from there.

I live in Nebraska, and even I could get next day shipping, by 10:30am thru DHL. And even with the shipping, it was cheaper by nearly a dollar per pound vs. the LFS (after sales tax), and the quality was better than LFS....and since it was shipped so fast from their holding pools, it arrived fully cured (but assume it's not, and test for several days to be certain).

Really, the only down side is there's a reasonable chance at getting a mantis shrimp as a hitch hiker, since their rock is pretty full of life and the shipping doesn't kill much of it off.

I love liverocks.com :D :D we live close enough to go and hand pick it and it is amazing the things they have there and mike is an amazing guy. all of my LR is from there and i plan on buy 100 more lbs soon.

I think I will order some Keys Rock. I really like the colors. Did everyone else's have the nice pink and purple color to it, as shown in the pictures?

Todd said:
Everybody here swears by Liverocks.com. I plan on buying 150 lbs. of rock, soon. Half from liverocks and half from hirocks.com.

I was going to do 60lbs Hirocks and 40lbs of liverocks.com rock...

after visiting their facilities, I ended up with @90lbs of rock, and ended up using maybe 2-3 lbs of hirocks :(

Just curios, when you buy from liverock.com, how long do you have to cure your rock if it shipped overnight?

Back
Top Bottom