!!! Best Web Sites !!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kohan Bros.

Aquarium Advice Freak
I was wondering what everybuddys favorite website to buy fish, iverts, and corrals and which are the best sites to learn more about aquariums in general!

You will find many varying opinions here. Personally, I have only used liveaquaria.com to order fish, inverts and corals. I give them an 8 out of 10. I have never had a problem with their customer service. However, I have received some livestock from them that I would have not picked out for myself. I have also had some things die, which they refunded to price with no questions asked. My general rule...if your are stocking a tank then you can save a lot of money buying multiple things on line. If you are looking for one single item it is best to source it out locally when you can pick it out yourself and make sure it is eating and behaving normally.

I used saltwaterfish.com and had some problems. They didn't send me all of the items in my order (I ordered one of their reef kits). When I emailed their customer service all they said was that two people checked the order and then they refused to answer any more of my emails.

Check out any company that you are thinking about buying from at the better business bureau. saltwaterfish.com has an unsatisfactory rating.

Also they don't have a phone number. Any company without a phone number is fishy.

I have used
eTropicals.com
Garf.org
DrMacandsons.com
themarinecenter.com
IPSF.com

All in all, I like eTropicals for the build your own reef packages, Garf for information and large orders of small frag, Dr Mac is best for show quality corals, the marine center has some really rare items and ships LR to Dallas for $10 overnight and IPSF has really good fuge and critter supplies. Look into each retailer for the particular type of product and go from there.

Back
Top Bottom