Bi-Color Bleny White Patches/Changes Color

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

L2

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey, I was wondering... I just got a gorgeous bicolor blenny and he's amazing. A very nice fish... Healthy etc. But I was wondering... Every now and then his face changes color... Mostly at night. White patches just appear and then disappear in a matter of min.. It's sort of fascinating because his face is so dark/almost black and then all of sudden it'll get very white. I've attached a photo below... Is this just his way of comoflaging himself?

Attachments

• img_2949_1_604.jpg
    img_2949_1_604.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 323
Nice close up. I believe you are right. My fish change a little at nite anyway.

Mine changes color when he is ticked off. The madder he gets, the whiter his little mustache gets. He will turn almost competely black except for his white patches. He is the "mood ring" for my tank.

My forktail changes colors when he is scared or sleeping. He blends in with the LR, at night.

When I had my bicolor he also changed color. His color changes were awesome. He had diamond like white patches all down his body and did the same thing yours did on its face. He normally did it when he was stressed out or scared.

Mine only seems to do it at night.

Question though... I've been putting dried seaweed in the tank...on a clip with a grid and he loves it... But should I be doing this every day?? I know they need lots of veggies... I haven't seen my dwarf angel go near it though wich is sort of funny... My shrimp seems to like it too. :)

But should I be putting a bit on the clip daily or is this something I should on do two or three times a week?

I think that might be too much feeding. It will also feed on (and help control) algae growing in the aquarium.

Back
Top Bottom