Bi-Colour Blenny

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Spudulike

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I bought a Bi-Colour Blenny, well that is what the guy at the shop said it is, It is Bluish/Grey with slight yellow tail. It hides most of the time, and its skin mimics its surround. My question is what do I feed it and is it a Bi-colour? the shopkeeper just said feed it marine tucker. The blenny does not seemt to touch it.

they eat algae !! so some nori would be needed !! they will also eat mysis/clams/shrimp ect !! if your tank is set up right ya should see him alot !! at least i see mine none stop not a shy fish to say the least imo !! he loves to sit in the pump return when its off for the 15 min and then he jumps out when it kicks back on kinda funny to watch though :)

Hi Keith, thanks for that! I went and got some and although I have not seen him eat it yet, he certainly has livened up he looks cross between a monkey and a dog, definetly a cute bugger!

no prob if ya have any algae on the glass ya should see signs of him eating they will leave little kiss marks all over !! yea they have their own look for sure !! good luck

I didn't see my black sail fin blenny eating for close to a week after i got him (not saying he didn't just that he's shy and i never saw it). Now he eats algae off the glass and LR. Also i will put in some dried sea weed or sinking spirulina wafers and he will eat them too

Back
Top Bottom