bi colour Blenny coral eater

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AusAaron

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey guys.. Well I ended up getting a Blenny. He is awesome and all get along well. One problem. He has turned this

ForumRunner_20120514_164007.jpg

Into this

ForumRunner_20120514_164044.jpg

In the week I have been away. There goes my first coral :( oh well

Are you very sure the blenny did that? They are not coral eaters but then nothing surprises me in this hobby. What other fish are in the tank?

Last edited:
If that's was a purple flowerpot ( goniopora), don't be too surprised that it died. I doubt the Benny did it, they are very hard corals to keep for any length of time. I HAD one, lasted about 3 months and croaked, while everything else in my tank was doing fine.

If that's was a purple flowerpot ( goniopora), don't be too surprised that it died. I doubt the Benny did it, they are very hard corals to keep for any length of time. I HAD one, lasted about 3 months and croaked, while everything else in my tank was doing fine.
I agree. Goniopora generally do great then all of the sudden fail without warning. I would have to see the fish eating a healthy coral before I cast a verdict.

I thought he was the culprit... Maybe not. Just that he picks at it all the time... There's a ****** trigger, snowflake eel, and two occ clowns(1 orange 1 black) and a couple of snails and one hermit. I forget what the coral was but it never extended out as far as your pic... Hopefully it comes back. Or down goes my first coral. Was trying to practice for a nem for the clowns. But oh well. Thanks guys :)

Back
Top Bottom