bio wheel filter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have the Emperor 280 with one on my 20L fresh. I've never used one on salt, but I can tell you that the spray bar on mine does clog with algea and detritus from time to time. I imagine you'll have the same issue with salt or calcium build up. You just need to keep an eye on it and be prepared to remove the spraybar and clean as necessary. In the long run it's just a palce for your beneficial bacteria to grow to convert ammonia to nitrite to nitrate efficiently by providing them with a lot of oxygen.

i have the same filter on my 26g for now and its a pretty good filter, i've never had an issue with the spray bar being clogged and the return has a kick otu type of feature that returns the water across the surface of the water to increase surcafe aggitation for better gas exchange.

the only problem i've had with it is the impeller on mine lost 2 blades, i don't know if i broke them off cleaning or if it just broke off on its own, but i still haven't replaced it and it seems to still be flowign at the same rate

Back
Top Bottom