Bio Wheel in Marine tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Basically no. This is because the wheel's produce quite a bit of nitrate. So if you wanted to keep any kind of inverts, you would be shooting yourself in the foot.

People that have Bio-wheel filters simply remove the wheel and then run it as a normal power filter.

Is it recommend to use Bio-wheel in a marine tank?

In a FO tank or a tank with less than 1lb per gallon of LR, it is recommended you have some form of biological filtration for your tank. For smaller tanks I have employed the use of biowheel filters and they did a fine job. I do, however, recommend the natural method of nitrification, when possible, for the reasons stated above.

In a FO tank or a tank with less than 1lb per gallon of LR, it is recommended you have some form of biological filtration for your tank. For smaller tanks I have employed the use of biowheel filters and they did a fine job. I do, however, recommend the natural method of nitrification, when possible, for the reasons stated above.

Last time I said something like you stated, I got jumped on by one of our subscribers. I am just glad you said it this time. :)

But I do agree with you RR.

Back
Top Bottom