bioball question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bskerrichard27

Aquarium Advice Addict
Ok tell me what u think I have a 55 g reef tank 15 g Sump reef octopus diablo skimmer uv chiller coral life aqua light pro ...tanks a year old got.100 lbs life rock for about 7 months tank would.not.grow coraline all parms were zero except nitrate 20 ppm calcium all those in good levels. A month ago I desided to get rid the bioballs and add 30 rock to Sump know I got coraline all over and Nitrates are almost nonexistent.. do u all think the nitrate factory bioballs caused.no coraline ?

Ok today was pwc day on my 55 ..I been getting a lot of micros bubbles in dt had my converted wet dry all backwards I had skimmer in second chamber where return is still had the trickle plate with media pad and I was tired of rinsing that thing every few days also had pump and return for uv and chiller in same section chiller was short cycling so this is what I did removed trickle plate and filter pad built a pvc discharge pipe for the discharge tube put skimmer in raw water section put pump for uv chiller in raw water section with all the returns in the return section only filter sponge I got know is on over flow and sponge block in center chamber of Sump .no micro bubbles no short cycles on chiller hears a pic know also all live rock is in return section so know I'm relying mainly on my skimmer to remove organics I figure less sponge filter less Nitrates what's you guys op....

ForumRunner_20120617_113110.jpg

Back
Top Bottom