Biocube stock lights

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SwimsWithFish

Aquarium Advice Addict
What all can I put under them?
Someone said you can put a BTA if it's up high enough. Is that true?

You can keep most soft corals and LPS under stock lights. I'm going to try a GBTa under stock lights when my tank matures a bit.

Greenturtle said:
You can keep most soft corals and LPS under stock lights. I'm going to try a GBTa under stock lights when my tank matures a bit.

Cool. So it's possible as long as parameters are pristine?

I think so. Once you replace the stock lights (they need to be replaced after 6 months) you may get it.

I had a small GBTA in a 14 biocube for five weeks under stock lights. He hung out UNDER the live rock. After reading some of the discussions here I started worrying about the lighting even though he was doing good. I got a bright LED floodlight and let it shine through the tank on him. After that he started moving every night and last night got sucked up in the ph. I should have left him alone.

FlopNewsom said:
I had a small GBTA in a 14 biocube for five weeks under stock lights. He hung out UNDER the live rock. After reading some of the discussions here I started worrying about the lighting even though he was doing good. I got a bright LED floodlight and let it shine through the tank on him. After that he started moving every night and last night got sucked up in the ph. I should have left him alone.

Is he ok?!?!

Oh no. Chopped to pieces. He was perfectly happy until I started trying to "help". I fed a small piece of shrimp every ten days. Clownfish were hosting. He was bubbled up and seemed to be content.

Back
Top Bottom