Biopellet reactor

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jtisle506

Aquarium Advice Activist
Im making the switch to try these new reactors. I'm still going to run GFO but my reactor with carbon will go. Heres my issue, this tank does not have a sump. So therefore I need a HOB reactor and not many are out there for a 75 gallon tank. I have narrowed it down to some but my main thoughts are the Reef Octo 90 ext biochurn reactor and the BHR-90. Both dont have many reviews but the BHR seems to have more positive reviews. Its more of the standard biopellet reactor. I saw some videos and it seems to work well. On the other hand the biochurn is the new wave that reef octo came out with that actually spins the pellets. It has some reviews of some good and some bad. Theres not a single review on the model i want on BRS but the other biochurn models have bad reviews. People have been saying that the pellets get stuck when they are not fully broken down. I really wanted your guys opinion and if any of you have these models.

Heres videos and pics of the two reactors.

BHR-90

Super Reef Octopuss Biopellet Reactor Hang On The Back - YouTube

http://www.vividaquariums.com/p-9968...-reactors.aspx

Biochurn 90 EXT

^^^^not the reactor but shows how biochurn works.^^^^

Search results for: '' - Bulk Reef Supply

And if there are any other HOB reactors that you have lmk how they work!

I've been using this reactor on my 180g, it comes in different sizes. It also doesnt work like the other where the water comes UP through the media, it directly shoots water DOWN so there is no clogging. I tried several reactors and they all clog but this new one hasnt clogged once in over almost 2 months.

Hydra Aquatics BioPellet Reactor

That was one of the other ones i was looking at, might have to take a further gander, anyone else use this. How about the first two i mentioned. Picking a reactor is so hard :(

I just converted a $65 Lifegard sand filter into a reactor, just be sure it's outflow goes into a skimmer. I experimented with carbon dosing and liked it except for one exception, it can also grow Cyanobacteria.

Back
Top Bottom