birthday present

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

philly

Aquarium Advice Freak
i currently have a Seaclone 150 protein skimmer, and a huge eheim pro 2 fillter, set up to my 90 gallon reef tank. i have a choice of upgrading one thing on my tank and im wondering which thing would be most beneficial for my tank. i want my soft corals to thrive and i want to be able to "overstock" my tank.

do you think i should upgrade my skimmer, if so which one should i buy.

i have around 100 pounds of live rock. i am looking for a great bang for your buck hang on protein skimmer. around 250$. im only going to get it if u guys think that the replacement will be much better than my current skimmer.

Someone else will have to give you info on a HOB. I have no experience. I just would not spend more money on a filter.

I hear good things about the remora pro hang on's.
You can get it with the extra addon compartment that allows you to run carbon or whatever and it also stops the bubbles.

I'm with nccmike on this one, go with the Remora Pro. They are excellent skimmers! Check on ebay for some deals on it.

I have the CCS skimmer also in my sump I recommended to a friend to get the remora pro (b/c he needed hang on) also It does a good job on his tank...

what effects will getting a better skimmer have on my tank. Has anyone here used the Seaclone 150 skimmer

I used to have a Seaclone 100 and it was worthless compared to my ASM skimmer. Of course, I wouldn't reccomend an ASM for you because they're for in sump only (and they're massive). But I have heard good things about the bakpak.

Simply put, having a good skimmer is the single most important investment in your tank. The better the skimmer, the better your water quality (specifically nitrates and phosphates). Your water will stay cleaner, and cleaner for longer......I can now get by with doing fewer water changes less frequently because my nitrates stay undetectable all of the time.

less DOC=less no3. The new sea clone is getting better reviews then the old which was pretty worthless for most people. The Aqua C Pro is going to be less hassle once it’s dialed in and will skim more then the sea clone.

If it was like a car it would be like comparing a Lamborghini to a Honda civic. Both will do the job but ones going to be a lot quicker with better performance.

Any skimmer is better then none in my book but why spend X amount of money on a skimmer you might not be happy with when a little more ensures a better result?

As you know nothing in this hobby is really cheap and skimping on the quality of a product usually costs more in the long run. (like my mistake of spending $$ on PC lighting and wanting MH now :roll:)

I would go w/ the Remora pro skimmer.
philly said:
what effects will getting a better skimmer have on my tank. Has anyone here used the Seaclone 150 skimmer
Like Dr.Nate, I had a Seaclone and found it worthless as well.
When I upgraded to a Remora HOT I saw a big difference in the water clarity. Clearer water means better light penetration, along w/ better overall water quality.

The Aqua C Pro is going to be less hassle once it’s dialed in
That is one of the great things about Remora's, there's nothing to mess with. The "injector" is internal. No need to dial it in-just plug and play.

i am going with the Aqua C Remora Pro, but instead im going to ask for it for Xmas. For my b day im getting

Blue shrooms

Red shrooms

Ricordea

Zoos

My question is, is it ok to add all of those corals at the same time???
will the crappynest of my protein skimmer effect the health of these corals?
is there anything i should know about these corals?

Back
Top Bottom