Bit f bubble algea

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SeriousDude5

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I noticed about 2 days ago one of my rocks has about a 1" by 1" area of bubble algea growing on it. Its time to change my ro/di filters but, will the fresh ro/di water kill the algea? If not what steps should I take to remove it or what will eat it? Does it spread quickly?

changing the water will not kill the bubble algae. Over time, keeping pristine conditions, it might die off on its own, but I have never been that fortunate.

Some emerald crabs eat bubble algae..If you have an area that is that small, I would take that piece of rock out of the tank, gently remove the algae trying not to break the bubbles, then rinse the rock and put it back in.

Do you have a pic? I have algae that looks like bubbles but is not the same as bubbly algae, if that makes sense.

sorry no pic but i did take the rock out and i picked off the algea unfortunetly it was at the bottom of the stack so my rocks got some rearanging too. i managed to pop one of the bubbles and it squirted in my eye i hope its not sangerous :-\

Back
Top Bottom