Black aragonite vs regular

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheTrav13

Aquarium Advice Activist
I'm getting a 29 gallon biocube I'd like to use the black aragonite to bring out my coral colors. Do you guys have any insight with benefits between the two. I also heard it's much harder to keep clean because everything shows up much more. Thanks!

I did it in an 8g biocube and I didn't like it. All the rocks stay th same color.

I've had the black it looked great gets brown quick but any sand will but when it would get brown I just use my hand to lightly move the sand around.

how would any thign that goes in an aquarium show up on the black sand? its not like a black car and dust getting on it.

if anything the white would show more then that black

Gti_Leo said:
how would any thign that goes in an aquarium show up on the black sand? its not like a black car and dust getting on it.

if anything the white would show more then that black

It would make the colors of the corals such as blue, yellow, red, green etc pop because of such a dif in color contrast

I used black sand in my pico and while it does look pretty cool I notice the crap and other stuff shows more with the black than with the regular colored sand.

Thats just me though, if you like the black give it a try. :)

Thanks for the input guys. I think I'm gonna go with the black!

Back
Top Bottom