Blender Mush, what do you think.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i have another idea i thought about trying with my next batch of food. i was going to get egg crate and cut it the size of a baking pan. then put it in the pan pour in the food, then set a layer of wax paper and repeat. you get what i'm saying. this way you have really small cubes and everyone would be the exact same size. just a thought though and if anyone has already tried this please let me know if it won't work.

kribbz thats a great idea if you have x-tra eggcrate but kinda spendy if you have to buy it. I agree that is an excellent idea but the cubes will be very small. Also when you freeze the mush in the eggcrate, it may possibly break the eggcrate when it expands JMO dont know till you try it :)

Freezing things are like electricity, they tend to follow the path of least resistance, which means that if you overfill the little squares it'll just ooze up and fuse across the top, not break the egg-crate. Good Luck, let us know!

I tried the eggcrate idea. It worked well, however it was difficult to get the cubes to break out of the holes. I had to wait until the mush de-thawed first.

For me, the cubes are the right size. Because of this, I will use the eggcrate again.

I use codfish in mine (obvious natural source for cod oil) shrimp, scallop, squid, nori and flake food.

I buy mine from an online store called raw health. You can also get it at oriental markets.

Back
Top Bottom