Blue hippo tang

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dromo2189

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hello I have a 150 gallon tank right now that Is 48x24x30. I was wondering if this tank will be okay for the tang?

Why would you make your tank deeper that 2 feet it's such a long reach all the time ?

I think that if the rock is done in such a way that there is lots of room to swim it would be doable. This would also be dependent on the other fish in the system. I wouldn't do more than 2 tangs in it personally.

Okay good. Now what do you think is the best way to do filtration. Not sure if I want to drill it or not

Hello at the pet store and looking st the blue hippo. Does he look okay?Image1495067032.987149.jpg

I always think that a sump so one can run a protein skimmer and something like an algae turf scrubber is best. You don't have to drill a tank to accomplish this, as a HOB overflow can accomplish this for you...where I'm a fan of the CPR overflow due to this brand having a 'nipple' where you can hook a pump up to suck air out of the "U" bend in it and prevent siphon loss.

Back
Top Bottom