Blue/Indigo Hamlet Or Blueheaded Wrasse?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jake337

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Need help with choosing between one of those fish listed. I really want that blue color in my tank which both of these fishes give.
-Current livestock:
One spot Foxface
2 Ocellaris Clowns
2 blue green Chromis
Corals.

If you have one of these fish or know some stuff about them please share with me. Thanks.

Do you have a lid? If not, don't get the wrasse. I read recently on her about someone who has a hamlet and its been very skittish for a while now and has injured himself on rocks several times while trying to hide when people walk in the room. Don't know if this is typical behavior for them, but doesn't seem like you'd see it out much if it is.

Beengirl said:
Do you have a lid? If not, don't get the wrasse. I read recently on her about someone who has a hamlet and its been very skittish for a while now and has injured himself on rocks several times while trying to hide when people walk in the room. Don't know if this is typical behavior for them, but doesn't seem like you'd see it out much if it is.

I have a glass lid on top of my 55 and my fixture sits on top. Although the glass only covers the whole back and middle with about an inch open in the front. Would this be efficient enough?

Bluehead wrasses are very numerous in Fl I've caught some and some hamlets butter and barred. Blueheads are always swimming back and forth very aggressive during feeding. Had the hamlets listed above good fish kind of shy but will hang out will eat smaller fish or shrimps. I always liked the hamlets peaceful fish.Bluehead is not reef safe IMO and can be bossy.

Daniel Fishy said:
Bluehead wrasses are very numerous in Fl I've caught some and some hamlets butter and barred. Blueheads are always swimming back and forth very aggressive during feeding. Had the hamlets listed above good fish kind of shy but will hang out will eat smaller fish or shrimps. I always liked the hamlets peaceful fish.Bluehead is not reef safe IMO and can be bossy.

Will the hamlet eat clowns or chromis? Clowns are about 2inches and chromis about inch and a half.

If he's well feed he won't mess with anything. We have a Atlantic flame fish I was shocked at the peppermint shrimp it ate almost the same size. Keep it well feed or it could eat a clown goby.The hamlets are usually three or four inch.

Dang. If there's even a chance it might harm my clowns then I might not buy the hamlet and go for the wrasse.

Ive heard the blue heads are very aggressive at times, and quite active...not sure if you wanna go that route.

How about a trio of chalk bass? They have a cool blue to them!

Gsp mushrooms zoas(next week) candycanes.

They're known to eat softies and that's all I pretty much got.

Back
Top Bottom