blue jelly fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

e-cat

Aquarium Advice Addict
my lfs got 3 blue jelly fish in and they didnt order them does any one have any info for them as they dont know any thing about them yet so there not selling them untill they do.

they sort of looks like a cabbage head and a comb put together but a bright blue?
oh well they will have too figure it out i guess.

Are jellyfish even considedered for a reef? I would have thought there would be way too much current for them to handle. I know I once put a FW jelly into my pond and he was instantly sucked into the filter.

RogerMcAllen said:
Are jellyfish even considedered for a reef? I would have thought there would be way too much current for them to handle. I know I once put a FW jelly into my pond and he was instantly sucked into the filter.

good question, they probably cant because of what you stated, one at the lfs already got sucked threw the over flow. it sure would make a nice spieces tank or if it would hurt them then with sea horses and pipe fishes.

Are jellyfish even considedered for a reef? I would have thought there would be way too much current for them to handle.

Good question, and no, not usually. Proper jellyfish husbandry is done with a "kreisel" (round tank). Jellyfish will not live long a typical square/rectangle reef tank with high current - they will become smashed against the sides & corners of the tank.

yes, like they have stated, jellyfish should only be kept if in a circular species tank with a low curcular current. anything else would be hard for them to survive.

Back
Top Bottom