"Blue"-leg hermit question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

leafyseadragon

Aquarium Advice Freak
I picked up 10 blue-leg hermits from the pet store last week, very amusing critters. :D

I am watching them chow down on my diatoms right now. Their legs seem to be more of a brownish gray. Will the blue color come with age (they are very small right now), or was I sold a different kind of hermit crab?

I have around 50 very tiny blue leg hermit crabs and they all have blue legs, so I am guessing that you got sold a different kind of hermit crab.

I would say that you were sold a different kind of hermit crab. That is all i have is blue-legs and i hae never got one that has not had blue legs. "Hince the name"

i have had the same problem in the past. my lfs has a tank for blue legs, but they are not all blue. they look exactly the same as blue lags just with brown and gray colors instead of blue. they do exactly the same thing tho mine hasnt done anything out of the ordinary, i think i have two or three of them, the only thing i have noticed is that one has grown a little faster than the others. all in all, i wouldnt worry about them.

hth

Back
Top Bottom