Blue legged hermit crab

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

seacat

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ok i get a hermit crab about a week ago or so and well its been doing really good and well about 2 days ago he kind of stopped movin as much and this morning i wake up to find another hermit crab out of the shell but another in the shell? What the hell is up with that?

sounds liek he outgrew his shell and upgraded. you should have extra shells in the tank...other wise they might die, or kill a small snail to take its shell.

its like this....i only bought one. one was in the shell, then this morning i woke up and there was still the one in the shell and there was another one on the bottom without a shell. do you think there was 2 in 1 shell or something. thanks

sounds like you're on crack to me...go get one of the snail shells at my house from the execution tank. that should work.

What you are probably seeing is a molt of the one you have. It looks complete and often folks worry that they crab is dead, but it is just a molt. The body part should be a thin transparent chitin like substance. HTH :) :)

Back
Top Bottom