Blue or Black backround?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jamal-188

Aquarium Advice Addict
I just picked up some blue acrylic paint at my LCS (local craft store :) ) and was going to paint the back of my tanks but then saw in my book last night that black backrounds look really nice as well. What do you guy think or use in your tanks, and any pics would be great :)

I was all set to order black but the person who set up my tank talked me into the blue. I am extremely happy with it, nothing looks better than a yellow tang against a deep blue background. I will mention that algae probably shows up better against the blue, if that is a factor for you. Either color with bring out the color of the fish nicely. Look around your house and see what would blend in better! You should be able to view my tank color in my gallery. :D

Here's an idea... Go buy a thin sheet of acrylic from home depot (around $3 if you get thin stuff) and cut 2 pieces the size of your aquarium. Paint 1 black, and 1 blue. Then you can switch back and forth. I just picked up mirrored acrylic that I thought would work well in the refudeum I'm making.

here is 2 pics.. One with a blue background and one with a black background

HTH<
James

cj10488 said:
here is 2 pics.. One with a blue background and one with a black background

HTH<
James

Thanks!! Thats exactly what I was hoping for!! I think I'm gonna go for the blue backround.

I liked the blue but when I changed to black it was like wow I think i Like this better lol

James

It is really hard to decide. I have 2 SW tanks in my room and black would match better because my stand and canopy are black and so is a lot of stuff in my room but I'm just not sure. I was also thinking of painting one black and one blue but I'm not sure how that would look.

Back
Top Bottom