Blue-polyp birdsnest taking off

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Phranque

Aquarium Advice Addict
Picked this little guy up at a frag swap for $10 about 6 weeks ago..... he just started popping new tips last week.:dance:

Attachments

• photo56.JPG
    photo56.JPG
    69.3 KB · Views: 157
  • photo59.JPG
    photo59.JPG
    116.1 KB · Views: 149
Imagine it in a year!

Tell me about it!!! Got my mouth watering.....

As soon as that started popping, I noticed an immediate difference in my 2-part dosing....... I've got a feeling that's going to be a hungry little hippo. Being in a nano, it may be getting fragged sooner than a year..... I won't let it get too out of proportion.

Wow must be a calc/alk hog if you already noticed a difference. If you run out of space on the rocks, there's always the walls :lol:.

I count 35+ new tips in the pic, and that's just this side that you can see..... every one of those is sucking down nutrients.

If I run out of space, I've always got the tops of the powerheads, or get a few more MagFloats and start stringing rocks between 'em......:lol:

I count 35+ new tips in the pic, and that's just this side that you can see..... every one of those is sucking down nutrients.

If I run out of space, I've always got the tops of the powerheads, or get a few more MagFloats and start stringing rocks between 'em......:lol:

I have yet to see a SPS on a powerhead and that would have to be a very strong magfloat!Haha An upgrade would just be easier. Don't see too many people saying their excuse for upgrading was that their corals were getting to large and not their fish!

Already got the upgrade excuse covered...... (y) This is my learner/seed tank. I've got an empty 150 sitting down in the basement!! May be a couple years before it happens, but everything I'm doing now is gearing toward that..... already set up the 150gpd RODI, got my BRS dosing pumps, eyeing up reef controllers, etc, etc.

Already got the upgrade excuse covered...... (y) This is my learner/seed tank. I've got an empty 150 sitting down in the basement!! May be a couple years before it happens, but everything I'm doing now is gearing toward that..... already set up the 150gpd RODI, got my BRS dosing pumps, eyeing up reef controllers, etc, etc.

Way too many large tanks on CG taunting me :nono:. I bet that's hard having a 150 there and not using it. Oh, high end stuff. Going to be epic!

Yeah, it does suck looking a big, beautiful empty tank, but it gives me a lot of planning & thought time. I hear & read so many stories of "if I tore the tank down today, this is what I'd do different......" that I think I'll be better off for the wait & get it right the first time.

Yeah, it does suck looking a big, beautiful empty tank, but it gives me a lot of planning & thought time. I hear & read so many stories of "if I tore the tank down today, this is what I'd do different......" that I think I'll be better off for the wait & get it right the first time.

Yeah I know some things I'd do differently, I think everyone regrets some type equipment or fish when they read more about it or something new and improved gets popular. Great to plan years in advance life you're doing.

I would upgrade my tank just on that bird's nest alone! Beautiful. That might be something for a frag swap once it gets to growing more. You get hungry for coral I'd love to trade off for that beauty. I'm sure there are others around me that'd say the same.

I would upgrade my tank just on that bird's nest alone! Beautiful. That might be something for a frag swap once it gets to growing more. You get hungry for coral I'd love to trade off for that beauty. I'm sure there are others around me that'd say the same.

I'm in! Lol. And I thought my blue digitata was nice haha

Back
Top Bottom