blue tang

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
also I want to order him from live aqura where is the best spot like body of water to get them from they have them from alot of diffrent places

In my experience, I tried the exact thing as you want to attempt. I was told by my LFS that if you add them both at the same time, it would be better. I had my yellow in there for about 1 month before adding a slightly smaller regal tang. The yellow kept chasing out of the rock caves, hideouts, etc. It would use it's tail and keep whacking it. I don't think it did any major damage to the regal other than stressing it out, and it did eventually have to find it's own home... then about 1 -2 weeks later, they were getting along. Tangs are pretty sensitive, especially the regal one. I've had problems with just the regal developing what I think is ICH in which my attempts to help it probably led to it's demise.
With my second experience in adding tangs, I did get to add both at the same time, the yellow smaller than the regal, and they didn't fight at all.

I've been advised many times that a bigger tank is recommended for tangs though, especially after they grow a little. Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom