blue tang mabe pregnet?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

border324

Aquarium Advice Regular
lol i think my blue tang might be pregnet it has a big tummy. i feed 2 times a day. i just dont know what it is he seem happy i dont think its bothering him. just looks bad.
o and he always is pooping . i somthing know if that means someing or not but i would like to fix this if some one has any clue.

It's not pregnant they are broadcast spawners, I'm not even sure if they will produce eggs without a male present.

I have a Hippo Tang and I feed him only once a day and he seems to be fine.That is why he might be fat.How does he look?

they spread their eggs into the water column and then the male will release its sperm to fertilize the eggs free floating in the water. The pregnant apperance is more than likly the fact that the tang was underfed when you got it and now that your feeding it twice a day its starting to plump up. A healthy tang will have a wide body just behind the pectoral fins and it will slowly thin as the body moves back toward the tail.

My Hippo might be able to lay eggs, but they wouldn't last long with the fish I have.Mine is definitely round,colorful,and plump.I am having some minor problems with either keeping the water quality good with the protein skimmer,or medicate the tank due to some liitle ich spots.But, it seems to be clearing up quickly.I am probably going to ask my daddy to quarantine my Clown for a few days.

Back
Top Bottom