BlueHead vs PaddleFin?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BEACHPANDA

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I've had a SuperMale BlueHead (BH) in the aquarium. I just added a PaddleFin(PF), and the BH constantly harrasses the PF. Is this temporary? If not, I prefer the PF, but don't know how to get the BH out of the tank w/ all the LR. Is this a temporary compatiblity issue? What can I expect?

First, welcome to AA!! :) :)
In a 300 gallon I wouldn't worry too much, at least for the first week or so. They have plenty of room to get away from one another.
Its not out of the ordinary for a new fish to get harassed by the "king" of the tank.
Give it a little time and see if it works out. You may want to turn off the lights for a little while, or if the assult continues, rearrange the rockwork a bit.
Let us know how it develops, there are other measures.

For some unknown reason the Blue Head died and the PaddleFin now is thriving.

Meanwhile, these are the fish I have:

Chevron Tang, 3 x Yellow Tang, 3 x Blue Hippo Tang, Emporer/Imperartor Angelfish, Coral Beauty Angelfish, Majestic Angelfish, Asfur Angelfish, Paddle Fin Wrasse, Greenbird Wrasse, Red Head Solon Fairy Wrasse, Cuban Hogfish, Spanish Hogfish, Bengai Cardinal, Yellow Tail Damsel, Gold Band Maroon Clownfish, Mated Pair - False Percula Clownfish, Sleeper Gold Head Goby, 2 x Engineer/Striped Goby, Flame Goby, BiColor Blenny, 2 x Sea Cucumber, 15 Tubo Snails, Serpent Star, 2 x Brittle Star, 2 x SandSifter Star, Fighting Conch, 8 Cerith Snail, 10 BlueLeg Hermit, 2 x Emerald Crab, 2 x Pepermint Shrimp, 2 x Cleaner Shrimp

with my next purchase to be a 3"-5" Juv/Pre-Show Queen Angelfish

Back
Top Bottom