Bonding...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bmb4516

Aquarium Advice Regular
My girlfriend got me a large black perc clown from the LFS that she works at for Valentines day, She actually bought it a month ago and it has been marked sold there in the LFS quarantine room for that long. She gave it to me last night, and I was totally surprised, because everytime I go in there I complain that the person who bought that clown needs to come and pick it up (mostly bitterly because I wanted it).

Regardless, I accilimated the monster (he's almost 3") and it immediately swims to my Condy anemone and starts rolling around in it. I was shocked. I didn't think Percs liked the Condys. He's eating great and not showing any signs of stress. Just wanted to share.

Not to offend, but are you sure this is a condylactis and not a varient of an LTA or sebae species? The clown would be much more likely to inhabit them.

That said though, alot of people figure the relationship between anemone and fish are primarily up to the anemone. It has been my experience that it has much more to do with the clown in many aspects as the fish can and will acclimate itself to a host by disguising itself as part of the host chemically. Neither theory has much real proof other than anecdotal evidence but nothing conclusive.

It is not typical for the clown in your case with a condy. If you where to ask outright if it there was a good chance of this prior to the addition of the clown you would have gotten a resounding no. Rightly so but hey if it's happened, enjoy :wink:

Cheers
Steve

If it were a LTA or a sebae, I'd be thrilled because that would mean I paid $5.00 for one. I'll post a pick when I get home.

The gold striped maroon clown and rose anemone are best pals.

If the clown is that large its quite possible it was at somepoint wild caught. Wild caught clowns are more likly to host than tank breed.

I have a clarkes clown that uses my condy..i think its funny cause he passed on the carpet in there...

Back
Top Bottom