Brain coral in dirty water?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dylan p

Aquarium Advice Freak
A few months back I got a good deal on a brain that was half dead and until recently it hasn't looked any better. The weird part is due to some stuff with my daughter (not going to get into it) I haven't been able to do any tank maintenance in a little over a month. I have s pretty big algae out break and although nothing looks to be stressed my brain has grown at least 6 or 7 new heads/ lobes what ever you want to call them over the old skeleton and over some algae. I was told by multiple sources that the best way to get my brain back to health was to cut off the old skeleton and that unless my water was perfect it wouldn't grow over the old skeleton. I don't have a band saw so I did my best with just a chisel and hammer. Anyway what does everyone think could this be stress related or does anyone think it could be enjoying this dirty water? I did a 50% water change and cleaned up all the algae last night

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Ok well there's no visible algae anymore is there any way I can cut the skeleton off my brain with out a band saw? Maybe a hack saw?

Probably. The skeletons usually aren't that strong. It doesn't take much effort from the sheers from my frag kit.

Back
Top Bottom