Breeding cleaner shrimps

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jerinanyon

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hello! I have finally starting breeding cleaner shrimps. So far I have luck keeping them alive. It's been 5 months. My tank is covered in them though. What do I do with them now. Would pet stores buy them?

What is your secret, I have read they are very difficult to near impossible. I was hoping to do this too, I want to eventually bread many different creatures to reduce our impact on the oceans. I would say you could probably get $10 or so per shrimp from a LFS. They usually go for $20-25 around here if you are talking skunk cleaners anyway.

Depends on how well you get on with the people at the lfs really as they could sell them to there wholesaler. You will need find out how old/ big before can sell. If any fish selling sites from your area put some on there and see what happens.

I envy you, cleaner shrimp sell for $140 at my lfs in Australia.

I heard they die a lot before maturing. I have them in a biocube. I don't really know why they survived. I do a water change once every 3 weeks. All I have in it is 2 clowns. Hundreds of Vermited snails. And a bunch of coral. My welsophilia eats the shrimp molts so I never need to take them out. I mainly feed my fish new life spectrum pellets. (The shrimps LOVE it). And my snails also has babies so I have about 100 tiny baby snails crawling around everywhere. Best of luck to everyone^ also isn't 140$ incredibly expensive ?

I envy you, cleaner shrimp sell for $140 at my lfs in Australia.
New plan, skip your LFS. Get a nice way to transport a bunch of your shrimp to Australia and pay for a nice vacation by selling them down there.

Pryzz, you should do a ton of research and start breading cleaners in Australia. You could make ridiculous amounts of money.

New plan, skip your LFS. Get a nice way to transport a bunch of your shrimp to Australia and pay for a nice vacation by selling them down there. Pryzz, you should do a ton of research and start breading cleaners in Australia. You could make ridiculous amounts of money.

I agree in canberra I have seen them for that much the cheapest cleaner shrimp I have seen here is $60 not to sure what kind they r

Ha, I wish I had the time and patience for all that. Yeah it's insane. That's the reason I've not bought another since my first one died. Also for whoever asked occys go for anywhere between $15-$50 dollars depending on how much they have in, demand ect.

Back
Top Bottom