Breeding clowns

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dyl1234

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Was just thinking about breeding clowns the other day. I was going to get all of the supplies after Christmas when I have money. Can someone tell me all of the supplies that I will need. I know that I will need a separate tank for the fry, I assume a 5-10 gallon would work for that!

Its not hard to have a pair of clowns, but its difficult to raise the fry. They need specialized food. Equipment wise, you def need a separate tank with sponge filter

Its not hard to have a pair of clowns, but its difficult to raise the fry. They need specialized food. Equipment wise, you def need a separate tank with sponge filter
Are raising clowns similar to raising cichlid fry? I used to raise them. And what is the best foods to feed the fry? Brine shrimp?

Are raising clowns similar to raising cichlid fry? I used to raise them. And what is the best foods to feed the fry? Brine shrimp?

i would start off with a lot of photo and zooplankton in some green water. then some baby brine shrimps for the first month or so of the clown fish frys.

The fry feed mainly off of rotifers right after they are born. So you will need separate cultures of both rotifers and phytoplankton to feed the rotifers. I would keep 2 cultures of each going just in case one of them crashes which isn't rare.

Back
Top Bottom