Bribos 40 breeder! (Finally...)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yay! So exciting! I have no technically advice to impart so I'll just cheer you along ?

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Thanks sand dollar! Glad to have you along for the ride :D

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Thanks Mac! I saw on your thread, that's a great deal!

So here's the plan.
I'm gonna paint the tank and drill it this weekend. I'll order the skimmer tomorrow as well as the return pump. I'm gonna go with a bubble magus NAC5.5 and eheim compact 3000 return. I'll partition the sump next week and then hopefully the following weekend I'll plumb it and move everyone over!

Glass-holes is awesome!
1ji7m1X.jpg

(Yes they sent the fun dip too :D)

Also have a great sense of humor , read step 19 and 20
Dl5ZuTi.jpg

Also I know I'm throwing a bunch out there right now but I'm just excited to finally be doing this tank! I've got a set stock in my mind but I'm open to a little bit of change
So far I have
-royal gramma
-clown
-flame tail blenny
I'd like
-leopard wrasse
-goby/shrimp pair(maybe a pair of gobies)
-possibly another clown

Let me know what you think

A Royal Grammar might be a bit aggressive to the rest of your stock have you considered a dotty back has basically the same markings , just more mellow I've always wanted a leopard wrasse , I got a barber shop goby he is so cool he just appears from now where in the sand , I forgot to get a shrimp to go along with him , maybe with my next shipment if I remember ,

A Royal Grammar might be a bit aggressive to the rest of your stock have you considered a dotty back has basically the same markings , just more mellow I've always wanted a leopard wrasse , I got a barber shop goby he is so cool he just appears from now where in the sand , I forgot to get a shrimp to go along with him , maybe with my next shipment if I remember ,

Oh I should have specified I already have the gramma, blenny and clown and they all do fine. The gramma is pretty shy.

I got one too and is so nasty to all the fish , he always picks fights with my lunar wrasse and also my red coris wrasse who is 5 times his size but he don't back off , I'm waiting for the day the grammar really pisses off the coris wrasse and gets swallowed whole ,

Tank is drilled! A tiny bit of chipping on the inside of the tank but overall a clean cut!

Ordered my skimmer, a bubble magus NAC5.5 today! Planning on getting baffles early next week and doing the sump after the skimmer comes in

Glad I found this can't wait to see it running. Have you thought about what substrate your gonna use yet? When I upgraded I went bare bottom it's pretty cool

Well I would go bare bottom but I want a leopard wrasse and I don't think the gf would like bb

A Royal Grammar might be a bit aggressive to the rest of your stock have you considered a dotty back has basically the same markings , just more mellow

:confused:

you sure you have a royal gramma.
Royal Grammas are pretty darn mellow and really only act defensively, not offensively.
Now a bi-color pseudochromis (dottyback) are VERY aggressive as is that species overall.

They are very similar in coloration with the main difference being the gramma's color meld into one another whereas the dottyback has a very distinct line between the colors.;

Royal Gramma Basslet and Bicolor Dottyback - Compatibility.

Everything's ordered! Return pump should be here today. Skimmer Thursday as well as another goose neck clamp for my other kessil. I'm gonna do a leak test today and hopefully get the baffles in the sump Wednesday or Thursday. I ordered baffles from melevs reef as I had no clue where to find some haha. So the sump will be intake/skimmer chamber, return and then fuge.

Did the leak test only leak was coming out of the plug a tiny bit. Should be able to deal that with silicone easily once I get the overflow installed and everything which will probably occur Wednesday. Teflon tape should help fix that as well.

Sounds like it's all go now! How are you gonna do this are you going to cycle the tank with new rock or just do a transfer of all the old stock?

Back
Top Bottom