Bribos rebooted 20 nuvo

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Minor setback. Discovered a tiny leak in the back right of the sump section. So I drained the back part and put silicone covering the leak. Gonna let that cure and then we’ll see. Should be an easy fix though

Welp I ordered a new tank. 2 small cracks in the back of the tank that sketch me out to much so got a brand new tank for peace of mind. Rather not have a huge incident where the tank breaks and dumps 20 gallons onto our new houses floor

New tank came today! To bad I’m stuck at work til 10:30...looks like tomorrow will be setup day!

Thanks man! Really excited for it to cycle. I’m looking into atos for the tank and a small clip on light for the fuge section

IMG_0928.jpg

Did some tests to see If the cycle has started. Looks like ammonia is around 4 which I dosed to but looks like cycle hasn’t quite started yet as no nitrites or nitrates. pH is 8.2.

I know cycling stinks but it’s a necessary evil of the hobby lol. I think fish stock wise will be 2 designer clowns and either a helfrichi firefish, blackcap Basslett or a pair of yasha gobies w a pistol shrimp

I’m a huge fan of the Yasha. I really hope I get to put a few in my tank.

Tested tonight day 3 of cycle
Ammonia -down to 2.0
Tribes and trates still 0
Redosed ammonia back up to 4 following dr tims guide

Tested tonight
Ammonia- 2
Nitrite-0.25
Nitrate - 0
pH - 8.0

Looks like the cycles progressing well

Cycles definitely going! I added a thing of bio spurs today, gonna test tonight to see if it helped. I was always skeptical of the bottled bacteria but it seems to be working

Not quite sure what to make of my cycle lol. It’s kinda going crazy. Just tested and unless my eyes are wrong it looks like
Ammonia- 0.5
Nitrite - between 3-5
Nitrate- 20
IMG_0937.jpg

Ammonia hit 0 yesterday
Nitrite is still around 5 and nitrate is 40. The most annoying waiting game lol

Back
Top Bottom