Bristle worm control

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Then again, maybe if he's just a teeny tiny guy
But they don't stay tiny forever.
I've got a pair of albino columbians flying in in the am
Planning on breading or just companions?
I would not worry about it. It is really a lot of work for what would ammount to a small ammount of food in terms of weight.
Just thought it would be a good natural food source.

i had this same problem but mine was a lot worse. the things were out at all times, not just at night. so i bought a blue headed wrasse and he took care of the problem easily. from when i first put the wrasse in the tank i could see him picking the little worms off one by one. hth

he took care of the problem easily
I don't want to decimate the population all together, they are great detritivores, just want to keep them in check. I have lots of inverts, so my fish choices are limited. Most wrasses get pretty gregarious when older, maybe a six line ore something would be OK.

maybe I'm wrong all together and I should get rid of them. Don't think so, but I've been wrong before. :wink:

I think it would be easy to decimate the population with just about any method, but I don't think you'll ever completely wipe them out if you have a good rock/sand base for them to live in. Since their bristles are mildly toxic and not a usual food source for most fish, it might be best to leave them out of the food smoothy.

The albinos, actually an albino male, het female, are a breeding project. Male should be ready to go next season and the female after that. I'll probably be picking up a dh sunglow pair and a dh snow pair over the next few months. I might end up in a few other morphs over time, but those 3 will be enough to keep me busy for a while.

Looks like I need to get a pic of mine now. Both Beautiful specimens. Rde tail looks yound too. Got mine when he was about the size of a pencil.

They're both a little over 2 feet long. Their tubs are bigger than they need to be, so they look a little smaller. But they'll grow into them :) The got their first feeding tonight, didn't take any encouragment from me. So hopefully they'll grow fast and willing to breed :twisted: HELLOOOO $1000 babies!

Back
Top Bottom