Bristleworm and Sea Star Question?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Spazz67

Aquarium Advice Regular
Ok I've seen some bristle worms, in my tank. Some of what I"ve read say that they are good scavengers, until they get big. But how big is too big and is this even true. 90b4ac8e95309c36bc799490ec591d52.gif Couldn't get a good pic found this pic At salt-city.org posted by hotrod. But this is what I got. I know that theres at least 2 that I've seen at 2" of them.

Also Do serpent starfish reproduce in captivity? We've counted about 16 little stars that look just like our two serpent stars. 4 of them have the light legs and light ring around their bodies with a dark spot, just like the smaller of the two stars. IYO do you think that may be my stars reproduced or if they came from the last LR we added?

I know I`ve never had any problem with mine. I`ve got at least a couple bristleworms in my tank but have never taken any out in the eleven years I`ve had my reef tank. Cant speak on the serpant star. Never had one.

Back
Top Bottom