Bristleworm attack

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Istrom

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hey,

A few days ago, whilst cleaning a sponge from my canister filter, I was stung by a bristleworm pretty bad. I soaked my hand in warm vinegar for about five minutes and the bristles were gone. However, the areas of my hand where the initial "sting" occurred are now beginning to swell a bit and get a bit of a rash. Anything to be worried about? How do I take care of this?

Hey,

A few days ago, whilst cleaning a sponge from my canister filter, I was stung by a bristleworm pretty bad. I soaked my hand in warm vinegar for about five minutes and the bristles were gone. However, the areas of my hand where the initial "sting" occurred are now beginning to swell a bit and get a bit of a rash. Anything to be worried about? How do I take care of this?

amputation at the elbow is the only course of action now. :cool:

seriously, I imagine treat the same as any infected wound.

And even though the thing to say is treat it at home I would consider going to the doctor to make sure. Swelling and rash would have me worried.

I was stung by a bristol worm I didn't think anything of it , thinking ah it's just a sting not knowing all them brissles were still there I washed it all I did was spread those brissles ,
I would suggest going to dr as I would hate to see the nasty side , my skin kept dieing almost like what happens from a spider bite trust me it's not fun ,
img_3247568_0_86568e7687156f6fd1c70f075545d610.jpg

that's being a know it all oh I don't need to go to doctor
I paid a mean price for it , permanent scares on my arm a very good reminder
gloves and glasses

Back
Top Bottom