Bristleworm vs mushroom

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

midiman

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Do bristleworms eat or damage mushrooms? I pulled a large worm out of the hole where my single blue mushroom is, and the mushroom hasn't expanded again since (two days ago). I can still see the shroom, but it's shriveled up in the hole in the rock.

The BW is now in my sump. I'm not sure I got all of it, though, but now he's buried in the refugium sand, I guess, so I won't know until he comes up again ("Tremors" ????)

My BW was banished to the same fate for the same indiscretion. One day my hubby was watching the tank and saw the BW take a huge bite out of our frilly shroom. He snatched the little bugger right out of the tank and put him in our QT where he's be coexisting with the rest of our refugees. We're in the process of setting up a fuge and he'll go in there. Shame too because he was really a beautiful creature and I miss having him in the main! Just not enough to risk my frilly!

Some species of bristle worms do eat corals. If you catch them munching on a healthy coral it would be best to remove it completely from the system because they can multiple.

Back
Top Bottom