Broke Thermometer in Nano

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lance M.

Aquarium Advice Addict
I was cleaning the $2 glass thermometer from my 20 gallon reef since it was covered in coraline and I've been having problems with the suction cup sticking to the glass so after I cleaned it I pressed the suction cup on the glass apparently too hard. I crushed the entire top of the thermometer in the water and very quickly pulled it all out. There are a couple very small pieces of glass on the bottom but when I tried to get them they just got buried in the sand.

Is there anything I should be worried about? There is just air in it right? All the mercury is in the bottom and only the top was affected.

I'm going to get one of those digital thermometers tomorrow.

Nothing to worry about imo. Old school therms like that are the best ime.

It worked perfectly fine. I've got like a death grip. Had it in between my thumb and index finger not even thinking about it and opps... broke it.

I got one of those $10 coralife digital thermometers with the lcd and the probe. So cool. But I was looking at the temperature about an hour after I put it in and it read 78.9 then 10 secs later it was 78.8 and it kept going down to 78.3 then it went back up. An hour later it reads 78.8. Weird.

Back
Top Bottom