Brown stripe?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mattmku

Aquarium Advice Freak
I put two green chromis in my tank yesterday morning. This morning I woke up to one with some sort of brown stripe on his side and then just a short time later he died. It was really sudden and he seemed fine last night. Any ideas?

I am disappointed with your pet shop in selling you 2 Chromis. This fish has proved to be nearly impossible to keep in an aquarium unless kept in extremely large groups (20+ or more).

I think the brown stripe was just a color change often associated with this species in the morning as it "wakes up". The death was probably unrelated to the brown stipe you noticed. Most likely cause of death was just stress.

MarkLehr said:
I am disappointed with your pet shop in selling you 2 Chromis. This fish has proved to be nearly impossible to keep in an aquarium unless kept in extremely large groups (20+ or more).
Huh :?:

Cheers
Steve

Have to agree with Steve. I have never heard of any problems with Chromis, in fact they are one of the more hardy marine species. I had a small school adn they lived until a power outage offed the majority of my tank. I still have one, and have had him for almost 2 years I guess. Great fish, who told you that?

I've had a lone green chromis in my 20 gallon for 6 months now with absolutely no problems. I realize they like to school and I plan on adding another chromis or two soon, but I've seen no signs of stress since i added him to the tank...

I'm thinking it wasn't "morning sickness" because two fish that were transported in the same bag died with the same appearance.

Back
Top Bottom