BTA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Spechty37

Aquarium Advice Freak
I bought a green GBTA about a month ago along with a rbta about two days later I woke up one morning to find the GBTA disintegrate in a pile of mush in the bottom of the tank so I removed it. today I come home from work and find a very tiny GBTA in my tank what do you guys think happened

What kind of lighting do you have , what are your tank parameters , how old is your tank ?

My tank is about 9 months my light is a coralife with two 150w halides and two 130w pc my ammonia 0 nitrites 0 nitrate 15 calcium 480 ph 8.1 alkalinity 4 meg/l

It sounds to me that as your original anemone was dying, the stress caused it to bud an offspring to save its genetic code. Pretty cool for a creature without a brain.

Keep the water conditions pristine and stable. Your lighting should be sufficient to keep an anemone, as I'm assuming the other bta is still alive all should be good for the small offspring of the lost one.

Cool I was hoping someone would tell me that because I've been reading that they could do that and was kinda hoping that's what happened I would be willing to bet on it because its the right size thank you

Back
Top Bottom