BTA advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Once the photo is in your album, the easiest way to add it to a post is to open the photo, right+click it and select copy. Then paste it in the message window you want to post it.

31420-albums1151-picture7988.jpg

In my amateur opinion, he needs to be in a spot that allows him to move into hiding without burying himself. It's hard to tell from that picture, but is there a way to position the rock he's on so that his stem is in the shade, but he's able to move and/or stretch his tentacles into the light?

From everything I've read, if you can do that, it might be the answer to your problems.

Thank you. As of this morning he was father in under that rock and so was Big Mama all I saw was a tiny part of her face. Defiantly time to do some Re-Aquascaping so those two don't end up getting smushed. What can I do to keep him from going underneath over and over again.???

My suggestion is to give him a hiding place closer and more inviting then digging into the substrate.

It's hard to tell from that picture, but is there a way to position the rock he's on so that his stem is in the shade, but he's able to move and/or stretch his tentacles into the light?

Give him a good hiding place so he doesn't have to find his own, while making it easy for him to get light if he needs it.

Will do. Will try to lift the rock up that he is on and prop it up against another one so it want cruse them.

you can't move anemones where you want them and expect them to stay put. you just have to wait and see where it ends up.
i really think moving it over and over is just stressing it unnecessarily.

Did not move him. When I got home Saturday after work he was sticking out a little bit more then he had been. Went about my business and about an hour after I had looked in on it. It was gone from the underneath the rock. It had completed detached himself and when I finally found him I thought it was dead both clown fish was attending to it and it finally re-inflated itself and now again is underneath another rock this time Big Mama can not get to it only Marlin the small clown fish is with it.
I have posted several pictures of it on my profile "GBTA" photo album. Now I just hope that Marlin will feed it because I can not get to it to feed it.

i would let it settle in on it's own. i would only intervene if it started declining.
i have never seen an anemone just die all of the sudden. the ones i have seen die, slowly wither away when they go.

Thanks. I have been reading over some really old post regarding BTA's and I did not know that if the fish is too large for it that it could do more harm then good and I am thinking that this may be the problem with mine "maybe".

Mary

yeah, there is an adult maroon clown in the tank i maintain. he really abuses the green bubble tip that's in there. they really need a large anemone IMO. i've just got the ok to remove him. i think i'll replace him with a pair of percs.

Instead of removing him could you just buy a larger nem? I am going to the LFS this evening to see if they have any larger ones then the one I have and maybe that will help. I am hoping....

i could, but i already have this one in my care. i'll just grow this one. on top of beating up anemones, he (the maroon) also likes to throw around my corals too. i think a guy like him is better off in someone's "fish only" system.

True. Big Mama (Clarki Clown) she is sometimes rough on GBTA but so far she has not messed with any of the corals but she bites the hermit crabs shells as they come near the gbta. If she is being to rough on him is that why his tips will not make a bubble?

I think that the GBTA is really getting squashed in this tiny space and last night they where both in there with the GBTA.. What do you think.???

31420-albums1151-picture8012.jpg

Being smushed???? If it was me I would not like being in cramped spaces....
But when will I ever see the tips bubble? They have not done that since I got it???

i don't know the answer to the bubble question. i don't think it's "smushed" though. it could very easily move from that spot, but it doesn't.

Also whenever I have feed it and it gets it eaten it then looks like its dead then very much later on reopens this is normal??? correct?

when my BTA eats and hes got food he almost folds in on himself and looks like he has no tenticles at all then a few minutes later he slowly re-opens himself up.

As for no bubbles, my BTA has bubbles in the morning and at night but during the day he can look stringy with no bubbles, they come and go you just have to watch and see how he does during different times of the day.

Back
Top Bottom