BTA with Kenya tree?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rndy

Aquarium Advice Regular
Right now I have Some Kenya Tree Corals but eventually would like to get a BTA. I read that anemones will harm corals and I would love an anemone for my clown. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Before getting an anemone there are a few things to have in place if you have corals because they are known to move to where they are happy. One is to try and find one that is from captive stock. There are people that actually do divide them. I got one that the care card that came with it had on the bottom "sliced and diced at home". I say this because they are much more likely to stay put from what I have learned from others. You will need a good light. Mine is under 150w mh and I feed it every 3 days food about the size of a pea. The day after I feed it I do a small water change. Mine has grown so much I have had to move my corals around to make room for it. They need a very stable tank I use an ATO to keep the sg stable and do several small water changes instead of one.

I have my 14 gallon BioCube. I don't think I'm going to try an anemone for a while but I'm just doing my research before I go out and actually try. Thank you for the info!!

A bta of any kind will be to big for your tank. You might be able to get a maxi mini or a rock anemone that won't take up to much tank space. Both of these aren't good host anemones they will eat fish in a second. They don't need as much light as a bta but they need more than what comes with a standard biocube.

What about a sebae anemone??? I see them in all kinds of places and I have never seen more than 4" big.

I change my mind about Majano. They reproduce and become annoying

Back
Top Bottom