Bubble Algae & white nudi eating sps

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Salt4Us

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Ok, this is going to be the big weekend! The merge of 2 tanks into a 60 and figuring out where to put it, anyways, we've got 2 big problems, one in the 29 the oldest tank, we have had a major bubble algae outbreak, a lot of it has consumed my pipe organ :( When we move out the corals and put them into a container until we can get everything else set up, is there a way to safely remove all the bubbles, so that it won't spread in the water (like it's probably already in there now) or should we just get a critter that eats the stuff?

Also in the 40 I have a major problem with some little white nudi's and I can't seem to get rid of them, anyone have any suggestions?

Oh and off the subject, we are putting down a 5 inch sand bed but don't want to put the live rock under the sand, any sturdy suggestions short of pvc?

Thanks!

When we move out the corals and put them into a container until we can get everything else set up, is there a way to safely remove all the bubbles, so that it won't spread in the water (like it's probably already in there now) or should we just get a critter that eats the stuff?

Use tweezers or needle nose pliers to remove the bubbles, have a couple of bowls of fresh SW ready, dunk and swish in each bowl after removing all bubbles, this should remove any spores from the coral.

Also in the 40 I have a major problem with some little white nudi's and I can't seem to get rid of them, anyone have any suggestions?

Unless you canpositively ID them, try http://www.seaslugforum.net/ and can find a reefsafe natural predator, manual removal may be your only recourse.

Ok than you very much Kevin, It has really ruined my M. Cap, it looks like this http://www.reeffarmers.com/tracygraynudi01.htm, I've read how they did this, but my fear is I have quite a few other life on the M. Cap, some feather dusters and a light green spaghetti worm (very cool looking). My problem is what do I do, I don't want to lose my M. Cap but I don't want to destroy the other life, I have not been able to find any other thing that will eat the nudi's. I'm sure there is something but I can't find any info on what.

Thank you again for the info on the bubbles, I'll have a picking good time. ;)

Back
Top Bottom