Bubble coral trouble...maybe?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

juice28

Aquarium Advice Freak
I just picked up a bubble coral, green I believe, anywayz it has been in my tank for about 3 days now and has not extended at all since I put it in the tank, it is in a low flow area and I have it in the bottom of my tank(didnt want to just throw it under my pwr cmpt lights, I got it from petco and they use a single strip t-4? thats what the guy told me they use...anywayz, I was doing a little maintenance and i ended up moving it over a little bit and I notice the the "skin" is peeled off of some of the skeleton on one side, I think it might have happened in transport from rubbing on the side of the bag. anywayz, how long do bubbles usually tank to open up? I check my water and everything is fine nitrates/ites are at 0, temp is arond 79, ph is good calc is in the 420 range basically the water is theoretically fine i Just thought that it would open up at least a little bit after 3 days... Ill post a pic as soon I get my phone back(my girl has it) I was just wondering if anyone else had this happen to a bubble.

Sounds like it's located in the right spot. Guess you just have to wait it out. It does sound like it could've been damaged, either before you got it or during transport. Only thing you can do is give it good water conditions and hope it heals up.

In my experience, when bubble corals decide to die, they do it pretty quick... so the fact it's not having obvious bad problems sounds like good news to me.

sounds good to me, so far so good with it except the fact that the bubbles are literally the same size as they were when I pulled it out of the bag...I guess I am being a little impatient, nothing else I have took that long to expand though it was all within a couple of hours for my trumpet, frogspawn, zoos, lobo brain etc.

Having it down on the bottom there`s no way sand is getting on it like from a goby or blowing sand. Sand will irritate it and cause it to stay inside the skeleton. Just thinking out loud.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom