bubble tip anemone!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gvillboy

Aquarium Advice Freak
I just bought a bubble tip for 45.....I hit a lick with this buy! Here's a pic! If any can shed some light...and provide me with a must have to ensure it survives that would be great?

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120905_202238.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120905_202238.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 367
  • ForumRunner_20120905_202344.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120905_202344.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 344
How old is your tank and what are you using to light it?

My tank is 8 month or more old! And I have a quad t5! One 12k one Fiji purple and two blues!

I am not sure about your lighting, it may work depending on the size of your tank. I would recommend metal halides or LEDs with an anemone, but I am sure there are people who have had success with T5s

After looking at your photos again your hand looks really big in that picture. What size tank do you have?

That is possibly the smallest nem I have ever seen. Should be fine in terms of most info you provided...just keep an eye on it. Size has sent up a warning flag for me.

I'll second my nem did great under pc lights and that was a 72 gal so I think your fine

Hocky puck said:
I'll second my nem did great under pc lights and that was a 72 gal so I think your fine

Ya my nem is now under taotronics but it was under the pc light and .5w led for a couple months and looks/acts the exact same now and then. You'll be just fine it's not an exact science in anything I've found out.

Gvillboy said:
I just bought a bubble tip for 45.....I hit a lick with this buy! Here's a pic! If any can shed some light...and provide me with a must have to ensure it survives that would be great?

I give my nem raw shrimp now and then but ive heard of people not doing anything with them and they do just fine. Just make sure he doesn't get into powerheads or anything like that! Goodluck!

Sniperhank said:
That is possibly the smallest nem I have ever seen. Should be fine in terms of most info you provided...just keep an eye on it. Size has sent up a warning flag for me.

It's a lil bigger than it seem....he was closed up cause I just took him out the bag....and plus the ride home...but I'll keep an eye on him!

Ok so if he hides under a rock is that normal when I first put it in?

It's a lil bigger than it seem....he was closed up cause I just took him out the bag....and plus the ride home...but I'll keep an eye on him!

your going to be surprised at the size that thing is i bought the exact same1 yesterday just in green and it looked tiny i was a little dissapointed but 1s it got confortable and it started moving around in my tank it turned out to be bigger than my hand lol, goodluck with it they are beautiful so take good care of it im actually planning on getting 1 that same color tomorrow just to have some different color in my tank

joseramentol said:
your going to be surprised at the size that thing is i bought the exact same1 yesterday just in green and it looked tiny i was a little dissapointed but 1s it got confortable and it started moving around in my tank it turned out to be bigger than my hand lol, goodluck with it they are beautiful so take good care of it im actually planning on getting 1 that same color tomorrow just to have some different color in my tank

How much did you green one run you?

How much did you green one run you?

i got it for about $40 here is a picture of the 2nd day it was in my tank how it was much smaller and a picture of today how big is looking and im actually having a problem with it cause as you can see in the pic where it attached itself half of it is in the light and the other half in shadow idk if that will cause harm to it cause it doesnt get enough light so im thinking about moving my rocks around :facepalm:
img_2109303_0_e1270776bb2356679ee7c952c9d0b7d3.jpg
smaller and had opened up alot since i got it from the store
img_2109303_1_c565262414a0ee02b6cce65e87e1ce7e.jpg
and this is how big it is now and how its under the shadow of the rock

I don't know what's up with mine...it's like he's hiding from my lights!

joseramentol said:
i got it for about $40 here is a picture of the 2nd day it was in my tank how it was much smaller and a picture of today how big is looking and im actually having a problem with it cause as you can see in the pic where it attached itself half of it is in the light and the other half in shadow idk if that will cause harm to it cause it doesnt get enough light so im thinking about moving my rocks around :facepalm:
smaller and had opened up alot since i got it from the store
and this is how big it is now and how its under the shadow of the rock

I hope my rose bubble opens up like that soon, if not I may have to let someone hold him for me!

Remember not all btas bubble up. It took mine awhile to adjust, about a week. If it doesn't find a spit and open up then move it if possible. Its how I ended up having to flip a rock for the one, while the other just did fine on its own. Both of mine are under over hands and lean out into the light.

Back
Top Bottom