Bubble tip anemone issues attaching

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

snailpufferguy

Aquarium Advice Activist
I picked up a green bubble tip anemone a few days ago and it’s been hell trying to get it to attach. Right now it’s in a breeder box to keep it from flying around the tank. I’ve shut the pumps and place it on areas of flat bare rock with crevices hoping it will take hold and grab deep into the rock. It has a few times but has let go. I understand lighting, flow and other factors are likely to contribute to where it stays but it is so resilient to settle down. Any tips on helping it stay in one place? It’s definitely healthy just will not take hold. Thanks IMG_9869.jpg

Turn off the pumps and put him down in the sandbed for a couple hours. He'll put his foot down.

EDIT: keep in mind that it will stay in a spot that it feels it is able to thrive in. If an anemone isn't able to plant itself, you either have an anemone unable to plant due to flow or a damaged foot. Since you say it's healthy it just needs more time.

I’ll just place him down and wait. He likes attaching to flat surfaces because he will always attach to the breeder box. I’ll give it a go again tonight. Thanks.

Hmm.. it seems very relentless lol. It gets me worried that I left it for a few hours and still no sign of attaching. It always flips itself upside down in the process which causes me to go in and flip it right side up. I suppose it has a death wish. It’s puzzling because it always attaches to flat surfaces but it just refuses rock. This seems like a very beginner issue I never thought this would become such a problem.

Back
Top Bottom