Bubble tip anomie help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Meganinez

Aquarium Advice Regular
So i have had my Bubble tip anomie for eight months and it has almost doubled in size but it just does look very bubble like anymore (not sure if that makes sense, I'll post a picture)

image-1752950924.jpg

It use to look more like this

image-3116920734.jpg

Thoughts?

One of the trains people believe they do that is because they're "hungry". Just give him some food and he may go back. Not positive but I've read this somewhere. Nothing to worry about though.

Bubble tips are very finicky and no one really knows for sure how or why they do/dont bubble up. Some are bubbled up for months but then never again. Some are always bubbled up. It just depends on the nem. Even 2 nems from the same mother in the same tank can produce totally different bubbling behavior.

Just keep everything in check and stable and you have nothing to worry about.

i wouldn't worry i have one and it looks the same, mine split, now i have two, one looks just like yours , the other looks more like your second pic. i don;t think its because it is hungry, i feed mine every other day, they gobble the food right up,

Meganinez said:
So i have had my Bubble tip anomie for eight months and it has almost doubled in size but it just does look very bubble like anymore (not sure if that makes sense, I'll post a picture)

It use to look more like this

Thoughts?

Feed it more when the tenticles are extended it is reaching for food

danbstrong said:
Feed it more when the tenticles are extended it is reaching for food

As the get bigger they require more food or you can not feed it and it will split when their not givin the food they require they will make themselves smaller by splitting

some anemones produce baby anemones other repopulate by splitting, i was told at the pet store to feed it once a week, and if you have clowns, you didn;t need to feed, them, well they are usually pretty informative, but in this case they are wrong, my anemone seemed hungry , was feeding about once every three days, now i feed it every other day, mine split, and now they are just as big as when i bought it, if it they split again, i will probably need to get rid of a couple.today i fed my fish and my clown had a big wadd of food in his mouth, he spit it out into my anemone and the food was gone in a matter of seconds

Thank you all! My water quality is good and I target feed him every other day, so he must just prefer to be that shape. Will be interesting to see if it splits because he has almost doubled in size.

Meganinez said:
Thank you all! My water quality is good and I target feed him every other day, so he must just prefer to be that shape. Will be interesting to see if it splits because he has almost doubled in size.

Nems do not require that much feeding and you could be overdoing it. In the wild nems do not eat the prepared meaty food often that we tend to give them. Just a thought. Many people go without feeding nems at all, especially of clowns are hosting since they feed the nem when they are fed.

Schism said:
Nems do not require that much feeding and you could be overdoing it. In the wild nems do not eat the prepared meaty food often that we tend to give them. Just a thought. Many people go without feeding nems at all, especially of clowns are hosting since they feed the nem when they are fed.

I will cut down on feeding him to once a week and see if he bubbles up again :)

Good idea. A lot of people have had nems for 5+ years never feeding them with no problems on this site.

Back
Top Bottom