Bubbles caused by powerhead

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Huffers

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey guys I've got a 4 gallon pico reef tank that is filtered using a water pump that returns the water to the tank using a small nozzle that resembles a power head. Somewhere along the return of the water back to the tank, air is entering the line allowing for lots of micro bubbles to be introduced to the system. I'm wondering if these bubbles would cause any adverse effects? This tank will not be holding fish. Just inverts and corals. Your thoughts?

Huffers said:
Hey guys I've got a 4 gallon pico reef tank that is filtered using a water pump that returns the water to the tank using a small nozzle that resembles a power head. Somewhere along the return of the water back to the tank, air is entering the line allowing for lots of micro bubbles to be introduced to the system. I'm wondering if these bubbles would cause any adverse effects? This tank will not be holding fish. Just inverts and corals. Your thoughts?

I don't think the bubbles will do any harm to your system. The most it could do is benefit the tank by adding oxygen.

Back
Top Bottom