BUBBLING AQUA C REMORA????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dcontes77

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi Guys

I just bought an aqua c remora PS with a multi jet 1200.
My Pb is that it makes too many bubbles and I have to switch it off every hours and empty out the water from the cup??
I don’t understand why it does that (I set up my tank 4 days agos I did not put any zyme. I only added dechlorinators)
If someone knows how to fix it please let me know!

Thanks
Damien

If you're getting water in the collection cup, you have the cup set too low. Take the cup out and slide the O ring down so it will hold the cup up higher. That is how you adjust the skimmer. Mine is currently running with about 1 1/2" of the cup above the skimmer body. You'll have to tinker with it for a while to get it adjusted just right.

OK, there is something in the water that's causing the skimmer to foam up. I would leave it off for a few weeks anyway. There won't be anything in there for it to skim for a while yet. I should have read your post more closely...I missed the part about having the tank set up for 4 days. You won't need the skimmer until you add livestock. Since you mentioned adding dechlor, I'm guessing you're not using RO/DI water? That is something you should seriously consider doing in the future. There are all kinds of things in tap water that you don't want in the SW tank.

Any type of dechlorinator in the water and your skimmer will go hyper! Some food also does this.Myadvice would be to do a few water changes and restart it. Also if the tank has gone a lnog time with out a skimmer the level of dissolved organics can caused mass foam production. Uncured live rock also can cause this.

Also if the tank has gone a lnog time with out a skimmer the level of dissolved organics can caused mass foam production.

The tank is new, only been set up a few days. Also, dechlorinators that only dechlorinate and do not promote slime coat, do not have an effect on a skimmer.

Decontes I am having the exact same problem.. I fill that cup in under 3 hours.. But mine has only been in for 2 days and I can ony run in while I am there and paying attention to it as it will overflow if I leave it alone for any amount of time.. I am just kinda getting tan water in that cup and mine is as high as I can get it.. I am hoping that as it breaks in this will change and I also started my tank with tap water and AQUAMED conditioner. I am hoping that eventually it will calm down..Also it is shooting bubbles all over my tank.. Trust me it does not go any higher and really in 2.5 hours that cup is full. I have been turning it off at night and while I am at work during the day..

Doan

Thank you guys for you advices,
I used Kordon brand as a Dechlorinator and yes it is from tap (RO is too expensive for the moment).
How long do you think the skimmer will go nuts?
I guess I just have too wait

Thanks Damien

Another Question:
What cause PS to foam up:
· any type of zyme stress coat etc…?
· food?
· dechlo?
What else?

Thanks for helping
:D

I used Kordon brand as a Dechlorinator

Was it kordon's NovAqua? This would explain the poblem. I would think a week or two should be enough time, for the chem that is causing the skimmer to go berserk, to break down.

Back
Top Bottom