Bugs?!?!?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kgaz41

Aquarium Advice Regular
My tank has been up and running since sept but I just noticed today in my tank crawling around on one of my rocks a cupple little tiny bugs that almost look like little Nats I have no idea what they even are and they are so small to get a picture of the only thing I can describe them as lil almost clear looking Nats they are more of a milky looking color and there a bunch of them just on one of these rocks that has tons of tiny holes does anyone know way these could be and are they good to have bad to have what can I get that could eat them any idea?

either copepods or amphipods probably. most fish will eat them so free food but theyre good for the tank if they are

That's deff what they are I thought they were so small you couldn't see when but after some google pics that's what I believe they are I want to add a maderain at some point down the road once I have enough to support them

A lot of folks on the forum have them shipped in. Almost everything in the tank that eats protein will LOVE the pods. As to the Mandarin, just remember they are very slow feeders but even then can wipe out a pod population pretty fast. And if you have wrasses, they will eat them first as they are far more efficient hunters.

No I don't have any wrasses I have 2 clown fish and a purple fire fish any good ideas for stocking my reef tank it's a 75 gallon tall

Agreed fox face are beautiful fish, so are kole tangs, rusty angle, diamond goby maybe or school of cardinals or chromis for few ideas

Back
Top Bottom