Button polyps

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nelix10

Aquarium Advice Freak
Can I use lemon juice to kill off some button polyps? Or something similar!

What is kalkwasser paste? Can it be made?

Yes, it's a paste made from lime (kalkwasser powder) and a bit if water. I add a touch of corn starch to make it more sticky .

can I ask why are you knocking off the button polyps
put them in a place where they'll grow up instead of out
I know they grow fast but they look great when they grow up the back tank wall and if you grow them this way they'll spread on the wall not all over your rocks,

I have a rock pile dedicated to zoa's and polyps but the button polyps are constantly over taking the nicer looking zoa's ! And I don't really care for the button polyps.

I know how that is , that's why I dedicated the back wall to them to grow up instead of out , even if you kill them off now they will come back as they already seeded the rock they are on

That's why I was hopping I could poison them to get rid of them all together! I like the back glass idea:)

only way to really get them out is to remove the rock there on
but you most likely have zoa's on it too,
nothings simple
unless you got a piece of dry base rock and fraged all the zoa's to the new rock
could give you a chance to spread the wealth with in the tank also

I agree. I would try to direct their growth. I use GSP sometimes to create a barrier for other aggressive encrusting corals. Fighting fire with fire.

Back
Top Bottom